11 December 2011

(Sponsored) Reviews of DR G brightening balm & DR G White aura serum

Thanks to the invitation by SaSa, I will be reviewing
  • DR G brightening balm and
  • DR G White aura serum

Hands up those who want to have a flawless skin that does not have any pigmentations such as freckles and dark spots. I am definitely one of them. However, I do discover that I have a few dark spots on my face lately probably because I need to walk some distance under the hot and scorching sun during my lunch time. That is how I discovered that prevention is better than cure and I should start off the whitening routine early. Once the spots are formed, it is hard to remove them unless you are willing to go under the knife for a laser treatment.

About DR G brightening balm

Price: $43.00

Size:  60ml


Product Description:
Gowoonsesang Expert (DR. G), the skin expert line of Gowoonsesang Cosmetics (CEO: Mr Gun Young, Ahn) from Korea, has launched its very own Brightening Balm (BB Cream). 

The B.B Cream serves a whitening essence, make up base that contains oil control and light foundation. Containing ingredients that protects the skin from UV Light, it is highly hydrating and smoothing to the skin.T he hydrophilic and lipophilic ingredients, each of these unique formulations works on a cellular level to help face skin achieve and maintain a clearer, healthier look.The B.B Cream comes with Sun Protection Filter (SPF) 30 PA++, ideal to use as a sun block. 

Directions for use: 
Apply a thin layer of Dr. G BB Cream onto the face. Use fingertips to spread gently until BB Cream has been complete.

Review:

I love this BB Cream as it is not that oily in nature as compared to other BB Cream out in the retail market.


I am quite skeptical of oily BB Cream as it will tend to make your face oilier. Surely one of the reasons that I will choose BB Cream over foundation is its ability to conceal all my pigmentations and dark spots. If my face is going to be oily after the application of BB Cream, I will look as though I have acne-prone skin instead of a more radiant complexion.

The other reason that I like about this cream is that it has a natural color skin tone which really brightens up my complexion.


 If you have tried other BB Cream before, you would have notice some products tend to make your face “grayish” looking. But, this product will not because I do find that it is hydrating in nature.


More about DR G White aura Line
The key ingredient of Gowoonsesang EXpert ‘White Aura Line’ is Cell-Light Complex, which is a complex of α-Melight™ that suppresses the composition of melanin. Cell Active White suppresses the movement of melanin, and Edelweiss extract contains anti-oxidant effect. The Cell-Light Complex helps to present a clearer and purer look of the complexion through a 3-step concentrated melanin suppressing mechanism. 

The new line, based on total solution of Gowoonsesang skin experts, introduces new experience of the White Aura Line through a 3-step Root Whitening System 
  • Step 1. Suppress the formation of melanin
  • Step 2. Suppress the movement of melanin
  •  Step 3. Suppress the coloring process of melanin. 

This Gowoonsesang EXpert ‘White Aura Line’ Series comprises of – Toner, Serum, Spot Care, Cream – are approved by Korea Drug and Food Administration (KFDA) as whitening functional products.

Note: I will only be reviewing the White Aura Serum in this post though.

More about White Aura Serum

Size: 30ml
Price: $55.90

Product Description:
A refreshing whitening gel essence with a light touch of moisture, the Cell-Light Complex has a three-step melanin-blocking and whitening function, and together with Niacin Amide promotes the separation of dead skin cells to lighten the melanin pigmentation to allow skin to become bright and clear from within. Peppermint and Rabdosia Rubescens extracts lend elasticity to sagging pores and balance skin tone for velvety moist skin with a dense texture.

Review:

I do not really like some whitening products out there in the market as they are quite oily in nature which does not suit my blemish-prone skin. For this product, it has a gel texture and has a slight touch of hydration on top of its whitening function.


 I do feel that my skin looks more refreshed and brighter after the application of the serum.


As for the whitening effect, I might have to use this product over a longer period of time before I can really see the effect.

Lastly, do remember that these 2 products above are exclusively available at SaSa.

No comments: