24 July 2011

Singapore Blog Awards 2011

It’s my first time attending the Singapore Blog Awards and I am pretty excited about this spectacular Awards that pays tribute to us Bloggers.


More-ever this event is organized by my favourite bilingual web portal, Omy, http://www.omy.sg/ for the 4th time. I simply love Omy because it will provide up to date current and entertainment news in Chinese as well—I do admit that I am more of a “chi-na person” as I have studied in SAP School before where the culture is more Chinese orientated.

The venue of this event is at Shanghai Dolly at Clarke Quay.


Athough My fellow friends, Ann and Fiona and I try to rush to the event from millennia walk (because of the national day preview, there is no bus at esplanade area), we are a bit disappointed that we are not among the first hundred to arrive at Shanghai Dolly. For your information, only the first 100 to register will get Fabrix pouches worth $39.90 each.

Nevertheless, I have truly enjoyed myself there. The refreshment is splendid-with a wide spread of finger foods, Domino’s pizza and free flow of drinks.


Finally, it’s the moment that we have been waiting for ----The VIPS, namely Major-General (NS) Chan Chun Sing and Mr Chua Chim Kang give the opening speeches, follow by the cutting of an “ Omy cake” to symbolize the starting of the Ceremony





There are a total of 16 Winners:

4 Special Categories:

Winner of Asus Best Tech Blog Category:



Did not take the photo of the winner as I am busily adjusting my camera settings....

Winner of HTC Best Mobile Blog Category:



Winner of Adonis Best Beauty Blog Category



Winner of DEAL.com.sg Best Shopping Blog Category



2 Celebrity Categories:

Winner of HTC Most Popular Overseas Celebrity Blog/Microblog Category




Winner of HTC Most Popular Local Celebrity Blog/Microblog Category




10 Individual Categories

 Winner of Best Individual Blog Category


Winner of GYSB Best Lifestyle Blog Category



Winner of Best What-the-Hell Blog Category



Winner of Domino's Best Food Blog Category

http://www.foodeology.com/


Winner of Best Photography Blog Category



Winner of Best Y Bloggist Blog Category

http://kirstenhan.me/


Winner of Best Family Blog



Winner of Best Fashion Blog



Winner of Best Travel Blog

http://www.mskydream.com/


Winner of Best Social Media Integrated Blog



Do note that the 10 winners for the Individual Categories will get a trophy that is specially designed by Singapore’s renowned all-rounder Artist, Mr Tan Swie Hian 陈瑞献


I manage to take a close-up photo of the trophy as one of the representative of the Best travel Blog Winners(who are not around) is sitting next to me at the bar table.


Congrats to all winners. For those bloggers who do not win, do not be disheartened. Continue to blog and I am sure that your efforts will definitely pay off. To be nominated in the Singapore Blog Awards is already a great honor and you are already a winner. I do hope that my blog will be nominated next year…


In between the prize ceremony, there is a hilarious skit presented by the performers on the theme of social media network. Imagine the scene if historical figures such as Sir Stamford Raffles or Sang Nila Utama have social network such as facebook and twitters.


I do think that the funniest part is the character of the pizza girl played by Abigail—her character is suppose to make fun of the fact that a lot of the bloggers will use Photoshop to edit their photos.



The theme for this year Awards is “History get social”, which brings us to the next segment of the Best Dressed Contest.


 Check out the 10 finalists below.


Congrats to Mint Leong and Eric Lim for winning this contest.



Here comes the last segment which is a lucky draw. Although Lady Luck is not with me today, I do have an enjoyable time at the Awards Ceremony. Thanks for the invitation, Omy. Looking forward to the Singapore Blogs Awards next year

2 comments:

MB said...

Thanks for the mention on your blog. I had a fabulous time at the Singapore Blog Awards 2011. Come check out my blog sometime, if you haven't already. :)

Cheers,
-MB.
The Moonberry Blog

Shorthairlady said...

Hi MB,
I will check out your blog. Congrats on winning the Awards and be adonis e-ambassador...Its my first time attending the Singapore Blog Awards and I do have fun. Maybe will see around Omy Event Soon.