03 July 2011

Shine Youth Feastival 2011 at Scape

This is another post for the Kit Kat Challenge:

It has been a long long time since I have updated my entries for the Kit Kat challenge as I am busy with my other beauty blogging post---Lots of Beauty Product Review and Events write-up to be done. I finally have the time to update this post with the Shine Youth Festival 2011 as this is a compulsory entry required to compete in the Kit Kat Challenge.

Before I go on to the event itself, here is some background information about Shine Youth Festival 2011

Shine Youth Festival 2011
Initiated in 2005, SHINE Youth Festival is a platform for youths between the age of 15 and 35(including me) to indulge in their passion. The initiative celebrates youths’ creativity and dynamism and encourages them to use SHINE Youth Festival as the stage to demonstrate their energy and grow their skills and talents.

It is organized by the National Youth Council, steered by a committee made up of representatives from youth organisations and executed by a Youth Organising Committee consisting of volunteers, the vibrant and colourful SHINE Youth Festival is held in the designated Youth Month in July and will be held at Scape.



1,000 mascot parade
One of the Highlight of the show includes a 1,000 strong mascot parade spanning SCAPE and Orchard Road (Orchard Central). I have missed the opening of this mascot parade as I am a bit late, rushing down from the i-weekly Photo Workshop Event.  Luckily, I am just in time for their 2nd returning parade to Scape.

Guess who is the person who leads the mascot parade? He is none other than the upcoming rising internet star,Mr Yah Ah Mee . …Here is a clue if the name still does not ring a bell…He has a calm and soothing voice…..Yes, he is the Returning Officer (RO) during the General Election. Now, he is the chief executive director (CED) of People Association (PA). Everyone is rushing for a chance to take a photo with him after the parade and here is mine.


He strikes me as a friendly and amicable person whom does not deny anyone of a chance to take a photo with him.

Check out the other photos that I have taken during the mascot parade. I am treated to a wonderful carnival show of comics’ character, mascots and cosplay. Snap, Snap,Snap….

















After this photo taking session, I am feeling a bit thirsty. Luckily there is a chill out area nearby where free Milo and Orange Juice are being served. Another must visit is definitely the Kit Kat booth. The Kit Kat girls are going around the event area, inviting everyone to vote for their favourite finalists of the Kit Kat ®’s Yer Big Break! Contest. I will probably be doing a post on my favourite finalists for this contest.




Another highlight of this festival is the star-studded show filled with singing sensations such as Juz B,Tay Kewei and Derrick Ho. I only manage to catch the opening of the concert where the VIP, Mr Teo Ser Luck and Mr Yah Ah Mee pull down the mechanism to signal the opening of the concert before heading home.



Last note:  Thanks to Kit Kat and Omy for the invitation- I have a lovely time, relaxing from work and enjoying myself at the Shine Youth Festival 2011.

No comments: